- Dog Walking and Pick Up & Drop Off Services Policy
Pack Dog Walker Experience
In a highly unregulated industry, we take caring for your pets very seriously. All of our Pack Dog Walkers are certified through DogBiz Academy in best practices for safe handling, professional dog walking, and dog behavior. Our entire team is also Pet CPR & first aid certified through PetCPR4Life to ensure your pets safety in an emergency situation.
What to Expect
Before the Walk
1. Your pet will be picked up during their scheduled pack dog walking window. Expect them to be gone on average about 60 minutes for a 30 minute walk and about 90 minutes for a 60 minute walk. The extra time is spent picking up and dropping off the other dogs for the pack walk and gives your pup some extra walking time!
2. Upon arrival our Pack Dog Walker will provide their own collars and leashes and will replace your pet's collar and leave it in your home for safe keeping. FIDUS does not, under any circumstances, use negative reinforcement collars or harnesses.
3. All of your pet's belongings will be kept in a FIDUS tote bag along with the towel you provide for toweling your pet off after the walk.
4. There will be times that your pet is picked up while the Pack Dog Walker has already picked up some of their friends. In this case there may be times that other dogs may enter your home for a short period of time while the Pack Dog Walker prepares your pet for the walk. Any dog that is in your home, will remain on leash and controlled at all times.
During the Walk
Your dog's walking time is an essential part of their daily exercise and socialization routine. Our Pack Dog Walkers are trained to maximize your pup's experience ensuring that they receive close attention, lots of love, and a safe walking environment for them and their friends. Some of what will be done during the walk, the Pack Dog Walker will:
i. clean up after the Dog(s) immediately;
ii. complete a daily report on the Dog(s) at the end of each walk.
iii. occasionally send pictures of your pup on their walk.
iv. provide the utmost care for your dog while in their care.
v. pay all ordinary and necessary expenses of, and provide insurance coverage, for its staff;
vi. make every effort to carry out your reasonable instructions as to the care of the Dog(s);
vii. make every reasonable effort to ensure the good health and comfort of the Dog(s) while abiding by your instructions;
After the Walk
Our Pack Dog Walkers will always strive to leave your dog happy, healthy, and ensure that they are comfortable before we leave. In order to do that, we will:
i. towel off your dog on wet or rainy days.
ii. clean out and fill up their water bowls.
iii. check to see if they have food available if they free feed.
iv. give them lots of love before we depart your home.
Vaccinations/Spay & Neuter Policy
1. For the safety of your pet, other pets, and our Pack Dog Walkers we require a minimum of the following vaccinations to be up to date or have titer levels that are within the acceptable range with a release from your veterinarian, prior to walking your dog. a. Rabies b. Bordetella, c. Distemper d. Parvo
2. All dogs over the age of 7 months MUST be spayed or neutered in order to be eligible for pack dog walking.
Dog Walking packages are a monthly subscription. Your package will automatically renew on the monthly anniversary of your first payment.
Cost is average based on 52 weeks per year. FIDUS Pet Concierge and all dog walking services are closed on major holidays. There is a surcharge of $5/walk for any dogs with special needs, such as, intact dog under the age of 7 months, puppies, and leash reactivity (to be determined.) We require 1 key to remain in the FIDUS lock box on the door of your home key before your pups initial walk. Dogs may be out of the house for one to two hours, including travel time. We provide a morning or afternoon window option for walks, exact times may not be given. Limited space available.
1. As the owner you understand that your pet is enrolled in a monthly service to provide dog walking. In the event your dog can't participate in a walk during a specific day it will not reduce or impact the cost of the monthly package and there are NO make-up walks. As part of a pack dog walk you are reserving a place in the pack with your scheduled package time.
2. In the event that you would like to cancel your dog walking package, you can cancel at any time. The prorated balance you have remaining for that month will be issued to you as a credit and can be used for any other service offered at FIDUS, including retail.
3. FIDUS Pet Concierge reserves the right to cancel your pack dog walking package at any time for any reason. We may cancel your pack dog walking plan due to but not limited to the following:
a. Your dog is showing aggressive behavior that we determine may pose a danger to the health or safety of itself, other pets, other people, or the Pack Dog Walker.
b. Your dog bites or attempts to bite another dog, other people, or the Pack Dog Walker.
c. Your dog consistently appears stressed during walks.
d. Your dog's temperament is not a good fit for a pack dog walk.
Pick up & Drop off Experience
Once your pet has successfully completed the Meet & Greet appointment, they are eligible for our pick up and drop off service. The pick up and drop off service will be used as part of the pack dog walking packages and can be used for our other services (i.e. – Grooming & Veterinary office visits).
A FIDUS dog Pack Dog Walker will arrive during your pet's scheduled walking or service window. In order to ensure the best experience and safety of your YOU MUST:
1. provide a set of working keys to your home in a FIDUS Pet Concierge lock box or be home and available for the Pack Dog Walker to pick up your dog. In the event there is no key available and you are not home and available to give our dog Pack Dog Walker your pet, the walk or service will be forfeited with no refund. We will make a reasonable attempt to contact you prior to canceling your service for the day.
2. provide sufficient instructions to arm and disarm any burglar alarm system in your home. In the event your alarm does not disarm as instructed we will contact you. In the event there are any fees associated with the false alarm due to improper instructions, you will be responsible for those fees.
3. "pet-proof" your home, balconies, yard and secure any gates, latches, or fences prior to leaving. Pack Dog Walker is not responsible for injury, disappearance, death, or fines of the Dog(s) resulting from unsupervised access to the outdoors;
4. lock all windows, screens, and doors before leaving the home unattended for the safety and security of the Dog(s), property, and the Pack Dog Walker;
5. have sufficient food, medication, cleaning supplies, and other important provisions readily available to the Pack Dog Walker before your departure. If your pet free feeds and the Pack Dog Walker finds that your dog has no food, they will contact you to see if you would like them to purchase food and feed your pet on your behalf. We can do that for you! We will bring a bag of food of your choice that we have available at the FIDUS Boutique to your home, feed your pet, and leave the bag of food on your counter for you. Payments will be made using your credit card on file and you will receive an emailed receipt.
6. provide relevant information to help the Pack Dog Walker in performing the Services. Our Pack Dog Walkers want your pet to have the best experience possible during their pick up and drop off for any of our services. If your dog has any specific behavioral traits that we should know about we ask that you let us know so that we can tend to your pet the way they like it best.
7. satisfy the Pack Dog Walker's reasonable requests for assistance in performance of the Services.
For the safety and security of your pets and your home, our Pack Dog Walkers WILL NOT unlock or open doors or gates on your property, for anyone, at any time. In the event that you need to provide access to your household for any reason, please contact your Leasing Office for assistance.
As the owner you attest that all of the following are true at the time of signing a dog walking agreement and anytime thereafter:
1. You are the actual owner of the Dog(s);
2. The Dog(s) are current on rabies vaccination and have received other regular vaccinations or satisfactory titer level results from a certified veterinarian.
3. The Dog(s) has no history of vicious or violent behavior; and if so has been disclosed to FIDUS in order to determine if Pick Up & Drop Off services, including Pack Dog Walking, would be acceptable.
4. The emergency contacts listed in your profile been notified that they have been designated to make decisions on your behalf in the case of an emergency.
At all times the FIDUS Pet Concierge team will provide a professional service set at the highest standard. When our staff is in your home, we expect anyone in the home at the time of Pick Up or Drop Off to:
i. treat our staff with respect and courtesy.
ii. be dressed In the event that one of our team members feel uncomfortable or threatened based on your behavior or the behavior of someone in your home, FIDUS Pet Concierge reserves the right to cancel Pick Up and Drop Off services for your membership.
Authorization of Medical Care
1. In the case of any injury or health concern our Pet Concierge will contact you immediately to update you.
2. If any animal health emergency occurs and neither you as the owner nor an Emergency Contact can be reached, you authorize FIDUS Pet Concierge to obtain whatever emergency veterinary care for the Dog(s) that FIDUS Pet Concierge deems necessary. You authorize FIDUS Pet Concierge to incur veterinary costs for the Dog(s) on your behalf and will indemnify the Pack Dog Walker from any liability arising from these charges.
1. Of Owner by FIDUS Pet Concierge. FIDUS Pet Concierge shall indemnify the Owner from all damages, liabilities, costs, expenses, claims, and judgments, including reasonable attorneys' fees and disbursements (collectively, the "Claims"), that the Owner may incur and that arise from:
i. the Pack Dog Walker's gross negligence or willful misconduct arising from the carrying out of the Pack Dog Walker's obligations under this agreement; or
ii. the Pack Dog Walker's breach of any of the Pack Dog Walker's obligations stated within this policy.
2. FIDUS Pet Concierge by Owner. The Owner shall indemnify the Pack Dog Walker from all Claims that the Pack Dog Walker may incur and that arise from:
i. your breach or alleged breach of, or failure or alleged failure to perform any of the requirements noted in these policies to which the Owner is a party.
Exclusion of Liability
FIDUS Pet Concierge is not responsible for:
1. losses, fines, injuries, or deaths resulting from actions of the Dog(s), if these actions occur because the Owner has let the Dog(s) outside or has instructed the Pack Dog Walker to allow the Dog(s) outside while the Pack Dog Walker is not there, including pets with doggie doors or outdoor dogs;
2. complications suffered by the Dog(s) or the actions of the Dog(s) while is unattended;
3. costs (including medical care and attorneys' fees) related to the Dog(s)' biting of another person or animal;
4. liability related to transportation, veterinarian treatment, and expenses for the Dog(s); and
5. expenses resulting from the Dog(s) destructive behavior in the house or any house soiling in your home or the home of others.
CLOSED: FIDUS Spa & Boutique locations including retail store sales and delivery, DIY Wash, Grooming and Veterinary will be closed on the holidays listed below.
OPEN: FIDUS Dog Walking including on-demand and scheduled weekly walks, and pet sitting will continue and will be available on holidays listed below with a holiday surcharge.
HOLIDAY SURCHARGE: In order to compensate our hard working team accordingly, a fee of $10 per household on each holiday day will be added to all FIDUS services including on-demand and weekly scheduled services.
At FIDUS we observe the following holidays:
Labor Day- Monday, Sept 7th, 2020
Yom Kippur- Monday, Sept 28th 2020
Veteran's Day- Wednesday, Nov 11th, 2020
Thanksgiving Day- Thursday, Nov 26th 2020
Christmas Eve- Thursday, Dec 24th 2020
Christmas Day- Friday, Dec 25th 2020
New Year's Day—Saturday, Jan 2 2021
Memorial Day-Monday, May 31, 2021
Independence Day-Monday, July 5, 2021
For regularly scheduled walks/pet sitting services, to ensure consistency we will assume your approval of the holiday surcharge and plan to perform your pet services as usual. If you wish to cancel or change your existing group or on-demand services for holidays, we ask that you please give us a minimum of 48 hour notice so we can plan accordingly..